Who is eligible to apply for the Library award?
The award will be given to one currently registered University of Regina undergraduate student at the University of Regina, Campion College, Luther College, or First Nations University of Canada who meets the following criteria:
- Write an approximately 500 word reflective essay that shows evidence of significant inquiry using the Library’s resources and services. Students should also be able to describe their experience in the research and information-gathering process for completing their research project.
- Pursuing a Bachelor degree in any faculty or program (including Distance Education).
- Registered in a minimum of 12 credit hours in the semester the project is completed.
- Registration is not required in the semester in which the award is presented.
- Research project must have been completed in the previous Fall, Winter, or Spring/Summer semester.
- Must be the sole author and have received a minimum grade of 70% for the research project in a course that was completed for credit.
- Submit original or copy of the research project.
- Must agree to provide the Library with a copy of the assignment for placement in oURspace (University of Regina’s institutional repository) and, possibly, housing in a public exhibit space in the Library. Non-exclusive distribution license conditions for deposited materials must be agreed upon as well.
Students who received financial assistance (grants, research assistantship, etc.) to support the graded research research project that must accompany the application are eligible to receive this award.
Students who are registered with the Student Accessibility Office are encouraged to apply. Registered individuals on a reduced course load with 3 fewer credit hours (9 vs. 12) would be eligible.