Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Selection of the Month
- Story: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald in "Tales of the Jazz Age" (pp 119-136; 18 pages)
- Meeting Day: Wednesday July 8th
- Time: 2pm - 3pm (Canada Central Standard Time)
- Location: Zoom, please email by Tuesday July 7th to receive the Zoom meeting link.
The following conversation points will be used as basic prompts for discussion, food for thought, etc.
- What was your initial reaction to the story? Did it hook you immediately, or take some time to get into?
- What was your favorite quote/passage?
- Which character did you relate to the most, and what was it about them that you connected with?
- How did you feel about the ending? What did you like, what did you not like, and what do you wish had been different?
- Did the book change your opinion or perspective about anything? Do you feel different now than you did before you read it?
- Is it better to watch the film rather than read the original story?
Adapted from General Book Club Questions - https://www.bustle.com/articles/167822-13-general-book-club-questions-for-any-kind-of-discussion
Further Reading and Materials
Zoom Meeting Information
Email by Tuesday July 7th to receive the Zoom meeting link.