Evaluating the resourcs are very important when choosing a OER or any new resources. The following are a list of questions that should be considered when evaluting an item:
- Where does the resource come from?
- Who produced it?
- Does it have use appropriate sources?
- How current is it?
- Is it coherent/ self-contained?
- What cultural context does it assume?
- What legal jurisdiction does it assume?
- Is it specific to any given accreditation process?
What can I do with resource?
- Are there any licence restrictions? (Example, Share-a-like licence?)
- Is the resource format suitable for adaptation?
Resources assumed to use the resource
- Does it require access to particular digital resources (course readings)?
- Does it require access to particular software
- Does it require access to particular tools/ infrastructure?
Type of interaction assumed by the resource
- Does it assume any particular type of interaction (group work?)
- Does it assume any form of online interaction/ community?
- Does it assume expert assistance?
- How does it fit with my patterns of learning?