Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In This Guide
Image text: How do we avoid plagiarism?
- be aware of the consequences of plagiarism
- be aware of the different types of plagiarism
- learn when (and when not to) cite
- know how to properly summarize, paraphrase, and quote
- develop effective note-taking skills
- learn how to correctly cite sources
Tips from an Expert
How to avoid being accused of plagiarism
A concise, yet thorough, article on how to avoid accusations of plagiarism in your research and writing. This article is aimed at researchers who are actively trying to publish their work, but the tips included are also relevant to students at all levels.