Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Library has returned to regular operations. Please visit our website for current information about library hours and services.
Online Books and Journals
- We subscribe to thousands of e-journals, e-books, and databases and you can access them 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- The best place to start is Quick Find, the Archer Library portal to our entire collection. To find full text items in Quick Find, refine your search using the "Full text online" filter.
- Information about searching Quick Find can be found here. If you are having trouble finding what you need, you can reach us via chat, email or text (306-993-1116).
- Hathi Trust Digital Library's Emergency access has ended.
- We also have a broad range of research guides available to help you locate information.
- When connecting to e-journals, e-books, and databases from Quick Find from off-campus you will need to authenticate using EZProxy. Normally, you will be directed to an authentication page where you need to enter your uregina.ca username and password (also used for Webmail and URCourses). If you are having trouble logging in with your uregina.ca username/password, please contact the IT Support Desk or visit our off-campus access page.
- The Archer Library provides three options for requesting physical items (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) from the library collection:
- Curbside pickup of materials will continue through our contact-free book pickup lockers
- Mail delivery to your home (you must live outside of Regina but within Canada)
- Digital delivery (where permitted by licenses and copyright)
- Please note that delays may be experienced with the curbside pickup, mail out, and digitization services.
- Requesting "Pickup", "Mail Delivery", and "Digitization" has been activated in Quick Find! Look for the request options on item records to place requests directly in the catalog. Learn more about requests and pickup.
- Please note:
- Due to copyright restrictions, we cannot accept student requests to digitize commercial textbooks. If you are an instructor, please contact your subject librarian and they can assist you with course materials.
- Please be aware that most commercial textbook publishers do not allow libraries to purchase or license electronic textbooks, so in many cases we cannot provide digital access to those materials.
- Library materials from Federated Colleges (Campion, Luther, First Nations University of Canada) will be picked up and returned at the Archer Library (except for First Nations University campuses in Saskatoon and Prince Albert).
- Items from Reserves and Textbooks For All will be available for short-term loan; holds can no longer be placed on these items. For questions about reserves and reading lists, please visit our reading list guide or email email@example.com.
- We are processing interlibrary loans.